I am an incoming Assistant Professor of Operations and Information Management at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I received my PhD in Information Systems and Management from the Heinz College of Carnegie Mellon University.
Research interests: Randomized and quasi-experiment design, causal inference with text, knowledge graph-mining, persuasion via text-based communication
- 2021.02: Paper on influence via ethos received the Best Paper Award at the AAAI 2021 workshop on AI for Behavioral Change!
- 2020.12: Selected to the inaugral cohort of Rising Stars in Data Science by the Center for Data and Computing at the University of Chicago!
- 2020.12: Paper on linguistic biases in peer review with Nihar B. Shah accepted to the AAAI 2021 main conference!
- 2020.11: Proposed workshop on causal inference and natural language processing accepted to be colocated with EMNLP 2021!
- On the Persuasive Power of Reputation in Deliberation Online
- Emaad Manzoor, George Chen, Dokyun Lee, Michael D. Smith
- Major revision (first round) at Management Science
- Resources: Website, Preprint, Discussion slides by Laura K. Nelson
- Impact: Best paper at the AAAI 2021 workshop on AI for Behavioral Change / Best paper (e-business cluster) finalist at INFORMS 2019
- Funding: CMU GuSH Grant / CMU GSA-Provost Grant
- Talks (2020-2021): AAAI Workshop on AI For Behavior Change (AI4BC) 2021 / Stanford Computational Sociology / MIT IC2S2 / SCECR / Marketing Science Conference / CIST
- Fast Memory-Efficient Anomaly Detection in Streaming Heterogeneous Graphs
- Emaad Manzoor, Sadegh M. Milajerdi, Leman Akoglu
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), 2016
- Resources: Website, Paper, Code, Data, Slides, Video, Poster
- Impact: Assigned reading in the Advanced Computer Security (UIUC, Spring ‘20) and Advanced Data Mining (University of Michigan, Winter ‘19) graduate courses
- Funding: DARPA Transparent Computing
Note on Publication Venues
Computer science research is disseminated primarily via conference proceedings. WWW and KDD are flagship conferences of the data mining subdomain (both ranked A* by CORE). EMNLP is one of the top conferences in the natural language processing and computational linguistics subdomain (ranked A* by CORE and based on the Google Scholar h5-index for natural language processing venues). AAAI is one of the top conferences in the artificial intelligence subdomain (ranked A* by CORE and based on the Google Scholar h5-index for artificial intelligence venues).
Academic business research is disseminated primarily via journal publications. Management Science, Marketing Science, Information Systems Research and Management Information Systems Quarterly comprise the highest tier of journals in the information systems and quantitative marketing subdomain (ranked by the Financial Times).