I received my PhD in Information Systems and Management from the Heinz College of Carnegie Mellon University. I have also spent time working at the Max Planck Institute for Software Systems, Pinterest Labs, and Yahoo!.
Research interests: Randomized and quasi-experiment design, causal inference with text, knowledge graphs, persuasion through text
- 2022.05: Received an AmFam Data Science Institute Research Grant!
- 2022.03: Received the Psychology of Technology Dissertation Award!
- 2022.01: Will be giving a tutorial on causal inference + NLP at ICWSM!
- 2021.11: Was interviewed for the Diaries of Social Data Research podcast!
- 2021.09: Thrilled to be a runner-up for the INFORMS ISS Nunamaker-Chen Dissertation Award!
- 2021.07: Recognized as a top reviewer for ICML 2021!
- 2021.02: Paper on influence via ethos received the Best Paper Award at the AAAI 2021 workshop on AI for Behavioral Change!
- 2020.12: Recognized as a Rising Star in Data Science by U. Chicago!